Research staff development websites, blogs and wikis
- Use the discussion group for this lesson and share ideas about the criteria one should use for evaluating educational websites.
- Develop and upload your list of evaluation criteria and await your tutor’s feedback.
- Working on your own, locate five blogs, wikis or websites that support professional development for innovative teaching.
- Pay attention to the distinction between blogs/wikis used as resources for students and those for teachers.
- Consider sites that cater to both your professional development goal and to staff development in technology integration generally.
- As you find and review these sites, add the best of these sites to your social bookmark or content curator site.
- Share the real jewels you find with your friendship circle and/or discussion group.
You may like to look at some of these sites to start with, then explore more widely:
No reviews are given here because this is your task in this case.
- Educational Technology and Mobile Learning
- Edutopia – What works in Education
- 4Teachers.org – Teach with Technology
- Technology Integration for Teachers
- Education World
- Intel Education
- Microsoft Partners in Learning Network
- Classroom 2.0
- Teaching with Technology
- Education Channel
When you are ready to continue to the next activity, click on the Mark Complete button below (first time) and Next Topic on subsequent visits to this page.