This course simulates a process (stretching over two courses) which school leaders could follow while planning/reviewing and preparing for technology-enhanced learning in their schools. Previous courses in this CCTI programme have shown us how technology-based resources result in an ever-changing landscape which requires stakeholders to develop a clear vision and for leaders to facilitate the capacity-building of these stakeholders to respond collectively to that vision.
Planning is a cyclic process, as shown in the image below. We will follow one cycle during the process of the two courses in this series. We will follow a cycle similar to that shown in the image.
This course, 8 Planning for Technology Integration, will follow the process starting with Assessment and going as far as Implementation in the Planning Cycle image. Course 9 Technology Leadership in Schools will cover the change leadership aspects of Implementation and culminate in the Evaluation stage.
Participants who successfully complete the course will be able to:
- Identify the constraints and advantages of their school’s context and the resulting potential to harness technology for learning;
- Analyse stakeholders and interact with each individual/group in a way that fosters ownership of the vision;
- Conduct planning for e-learning;
- Conduct technology planning;
- Write a professional learning strategy.