Video:Re-Imagining Learning in the 21st Century (3:59)
The purpose of this course is to allow participants to take a deeper look at the wide variety of technology options available to today’s learners, and then to explore how to use these to create and manage innovative learning spaces. Participants will look at both traditional and new configurations and consider how they can use and manage these different technology options. Each raises unique issues to the teacher managing the class. These issues are related both to managing the class, and to designing the learning and the learning environment, no matter what options are available. In this course we will attempt to raise and discuss these issues so we can draw our own personal conclusions and be more effective designers of learning experiences.
Participants who successfully complete the course will be able to:
- Evaluate the potential to learning and teaching offered by different technology configurations;
- Describe learning experiences that exploit a specific technology’s advantages;
- Propose solutions to the management challenges of integrating technology in learning spaces;
- Review the opportunities and constraints of physical learning spaces;
- Articulate a vision for technology-rich learning spaces in the future.